Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tattered Florals Challenge

I decided to create an entry for Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals Challenge. I love Tim Holtz and his Tattered Florals Die is really cool, so I knew I had to at least give it a try. I debated about what to make, and almost chose a floral cuff bracelet, but then I remembered a wooden owl shaped die cut I bought at Mike's. I I decided I could use the the Tattered Florals die to embellish the owl. Here it is: I used the die to cut flowers out of some natural and synthetic fabrics...I cut a TON of flowers and then cut a TON more!! The die cuts layers of fabric beautifully, thank goodness. After the flowers were cut I used my distress inks to add just the right amount of color and shading. I used the wooden owl for my base and sketched the basic design for my feathers. I used grunge board for the wings, I think the wings are my favorite part, so soft and fluffy! I used Tim's vintage knobs for the eyes and a silver crown I also bought at Mike's. Other than that the owl is full of flowers and petals! I couldn't tell you how many flowers I used, but it was A LOT!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow amazing creativity here, your owl looks brilliant and worth all your time and effort x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie, The owl is amazing, I almost did very similar, but not an owl. Yours is so worth the effort it will be bringing you smiles for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just simply amazing!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and super congrats on your win! Your flowers were beautiful!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing and gorgeous!!
    I also wanted to let you know, in case you didn't, that your settings are on "no-reply blogger". I can't email you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, and thanks for letting me know about the "no-reply blogger". I had no idea, so now I have to figure out how to change it!

      Delete

Tell me something good! ;)