Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Haunted Houses

I seem to be attracted to haunted houses this season...is it because we are house hunting?? Any way, I was looking at the Joann's ad and saw a cute haunted house pillow that they said they had directions for on their website. After much searching, I found the PDF. Here is a link to save you the trouble Haunted House. So I made myself a haunted house pillow, and used my Tim Holtz number plaque for the house number, 31 of course, and tied a skeleton key to the bottom and I love it!
Loved it so much I made 3 more to send one to my Mommie, my Sissie and a Bestie:
Didn't have anymore number plaques, so used more Tim Holtz metal numbers for the house numbers. I used a little glue to hold them in place and then gently poked a hole in each one and used a brad to hold it securely.
A couple of notes: I used wool blend felt. I used heavy duty Heat n Bond (which is no sew) for the houses and unlike the directions, I put another color of felt under the house to show through the windows. After I sewed around the house I trimmed the seams with pinking shears.

1 comment:

Tell me something good! ;)