Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Bringing Sewing Back! YEAH!

I was thinking that all I have been sharing on this blog lately is paper crafty stuff...but I have been sewing too! First I made 2 of this bag, one for me and one for a friend. I love this A.M.H. fabric, called Chocolate Lollipop. I know, it's from an older line, but I still love it. =) I saw some in Asheville this summer and bought a couple of yards, CHEAP! I used this pattern you can find HERE. I really like this pattern and plan to make more for gifts, etc.

Then a friend asked me to make a diaper bag for a friend of hers and wanted a lady bug theme. I found 2 great fabrics at Joann's and this is what I came up with. My own pattern, super simple with 6 exterior pockets. The middle pocket holds a wipes container and the outside pockets hold bottles/sippy cups.


Sorry about the blurriness of the pics, my camera is not working well...=/
I'm getting ready to go deliver it now, so hopefully she'll love it! 2 more diaper bags to make for our friends, everyone (not me) is having babies again! Go Mamas!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG your bags are just darling! I wish I knew you when I was having my first born. I had everything in the theme of lady bug for her!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty totes! I love your fabric combos! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carebear,

    Keep up that sewing.....using your Hello Kitty? I've been using mine alot lately. In my class, as an example for display, too. Those fabrics are really great. (Using the Lollipop in a flower scrap hanging right now myself.) That tote is lovely. Sweetie. JLily. Love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,
    Forgot to mention..........I love those Suffolk Puffs on all your sewing projects. Too adorable with the buttons.

    Jlily xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good! ;)