Monday, September 22, 2008

A Break from the Creepy, YAY! Cute

If you are my swap partner for the Black Apple Doll Swap on Craftster, LOOK AWAY NOW! =0 Okay, I guess that was fair warning. I have yet to finish all my creepy dolls, the last 2 are almost there, but I need a cute break.

I signed up for this swap because I have been wanting to make a doll with the pattern created by an artist named Emily Martin who was featured on Martha Stewart. You can find the pattern HERE
I would recommend this pattern to anyone new to doll making, it is a very easy pattern to put together and I think you'll be pleased with your results. If you are an experienced doll maker, you could always add accessories or clothing, paint a detailed face, etc to increase the challenge.

My swap partner wanted a Christmas themed doll and enjoys cooking/baking so I had the perfect Christmas cookie fabric to use. I also made her a candy cane apron and a star cookie to hold. I am pleased with how she turned out, hopefully she'll be pleased too.

I am pleased with how she turned out, hopefully she'll be pleased too. I requested a Halloween themed doll, can't wait to see what I get! The mail deadline isn't for several weeks tho-... must be patient.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I need one of these dolls now!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good! ;)